These scales are not what is commonly known as the Native American style scale or what we call the NAF minor.
- Arabian scale gives the mysterious sound of a snake charmer, with the classic Middle Eastern scale of Hijaz Nahawand.
- Aeolian mode has a haunting sound of Eastern Europe and Asia minor (seven-note natural minor scale)
- Anasazi scale will take you back in time to the 7th century, to find out what cave inhabitant's flutes sounded like, from what is now the Navajo Nation.
- Native American Indigenous (NAI) scale was played by the indigenous people of the Great Plains.
- Major scale is what we are most used to hearing in western music. It has a bright and happy feel.
*Keep in mind that different scales change the hole size and spacing, so you may see large holes next to small holes with varied finger spread.